Thursday, December 6, 2007

Del.icio.us info

I have a handout from John Simi's del.icio.us session at TETC that I can make copies of for you.
I wanted to tell you that you can import your bookmarks from Safari or Firefox and that is helpful and will get you started. I can show you this or it's in the handout. It will take some time for you to make them public (when they import, they are private), but it will be worth it in the end I think.
I can also share some ideas of how students used it (the teachers set up student accounts and if each student found 3 sites, they class had access to everyones so that would be about 45 sites total if you had 15 kids).
Anyway, wanted you to know.
I think I am a big del.icio.us fan now!

7 comments:

Holly Butora said...

Awesome Blog Cindy! Thanks for taking the time to set it up. I would love a copy of John Simi's Del.icio.us handout.

Anonymous said...

is there a difference between the ikeepbookmarks and delicious?

Cindy Brock said...

ikeepbookmarks doesn't have the network option where you can follow people and it also doesn't have the tag option. I also think it doesn't show you who else saved the bookmarks...all very beneficial. This (in my opinion) is MUCH better than ikeepbookmarks

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Cindy. Do we need to create our own individual blogs too? Would that be helpful with familiarizing ourself with everything? Just curious. This is all so new to me, and I want to brainstorm on how this may work out in Early Childhood.

Anonymous said...

I'd say it's up to you if you want a personal blog. I set one up in ATL at that training, but don't really use it much. I do know a tech person that we used to work with in the county who would post sites and stuff for teachers to access rather than email them.

Unknown said...

That's a good idea! Thanks Cindy!

Anonymous said...

This is a test.